Thursday, December 6, 2012

No sew t-shirt recon tutorial

Thursday, December 6, 2012
I have plenty of clothes in my cupboard. And I think for those who know me well, would hear me claim that I have nothing to wear. Always.

On a recent weekend, I had to attend my love’s brother’s battle of the bands performance.

I wanted something comfy, and I was (again) getting tired of the usual clothes that I have. I have to admit, I like to have fun dressing up too; the best part, it is such a fun to have a boyfriend that has a good taste in fashion, and with the amount of unwanted tee-shirts he has lying around, I nabbed one of it for a quick fashion surgery fix!

Finally, something fun to wear.

So, don’t be discouraged by oversized tee-shirts lying around; you can always revamp it. With a little embellishment, you might even able to create a decent Christmas or Birthday gift for your friends and family.
There are many ways to reconstruct a tee; this concept is NO-SEW, which can be done anytime and anywhere. All you need is:

A Pair of Sharp Scissors (Preferably Fabric Scissors)
T-Shirt of your choice

Here’s my take on what I did with the tee:

Please excuse the photo quality; shot it with my phone.
First, gauge where you want to snip

Snip your sleeves; it can be both sides or one side, it is up to you

My preference; I snipped both sides and turned it into
a cap-sleeve like shirt

I snipped the collar too for some room to droop one side

I snipped off the hem of the shirt, slanted a little to create
a midriff top that allows me to tie it up too 

Snip it in the middle for me to tie it up

Moving on to the back, snip the middle part

This is how it looks like after being cut

Gather it until it looks like a ribbon (but not)

With the extra fabric, cut two long pieces...

Like this! Just make sure it is not too thin, and not too thick.
Not too long or short either.

Fold it in half...

Tie it up in between the ribbon-like parts

Now you can pair it up with a dress
like mine!

This is how the back looks like.

And I happily wore it to my love's little brother's drum performance...

No comments:

Post a Comment