Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Loving what you do is happiness

Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Contributed by Jen Saunders of Wildsister.com

loving_what_you_do_is_happiness_shialynn

A few years ago, I made a life changing decision to do whatever I could to love myself and be happy. 

That choice was the beginning of a huge transformation for me, one that helped me achieve my dreams, fall in love with myself and my life, and inspire others to do the same.

A vital part of that transformative process was making more time to be creative every day. Sometimes I pulled out my sketch pad and pencils and drew, other times I painted. But creativity isn’t limited to paintbrushes and canvases. 

I incorporate creativity into my life in many ways; cooking, writing, decorating my home, blogging, playing around in photoshop or redesigning my blog, even designing my life.

My job allows to me to have much creative freedom. I create newsletters, blog posts, articles, e-courses, and monthly editions of Wild Sister. But every now and then, I still need to stretch my creative skills in different ways.

About six months ago, I was feeling a little stagnant creatively, so I decided to do something I’d never really done before. I began writing fiction. 

At first, I didn’t think I could do it. I didn’t believe I was imaginative or good enough create a whole new world of characters, places and stories, but I tried it anyway, knowing I needed some sort of new creative outlet to get my juices flowing again.

To my surprise, I fell in love with writing fiction and have hardly stopped since. While it can often be challenging, it’s extremely fun and is exactly what I need to stretch my creativity and give myself a break from my work.

Now, I’ve written one book and am currently in the process of writing the sequel, with plans for a third in the works too. My first book has already been published in an anthology of similar stories, and I’m getting ready to self-publish it under a pseudonym. 

If someone had have told me a year ago that I would be writing fiction, loving it and finding success with it, I would have thought they were joking. It’s amazing what can happen when you go ahead and do what you think you can’t do.

So do something new today. Be creative in ways you have never dared before. You might amaze yourself.


Jen Saunders
About Contributor:
Jen Saunders is the creator of Wild Sister Magazine and the Wild Sisterhood.

She’s a tie-dye wearing daydream believer, writer and spirit junkie. Jen's got so much love for women who own their power, smile at themselves and believe that happiness is a choice – so if that's you, give her a wave at any one of her online homes so you can connect!

Facebook | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment