Thursday, February 13, 2014

5 things I love about Valentine's Day

Thursday, February 13, 2014

When I was an innocent teenage girl, falling in love was like a fairy tale to me. When it was Valentine's day, the clubs and societies in school organized a "flower/gifts-delivery" service where you can buy and have it signed, delivered or dedicated to your friends or highschool bf/gf.

I remember this one time, I was somewhere around 13 or 14 years old, I didn't have a boyfriend and it was Valentine's day. As usual the school's clubs and societies organized a handmade-straw rose delivery service and other special dedications. So me and my other friends, who were crazy about boy bands (who wasn't at that time), decided to send ourselves roses, signed by our favourite singer. Hahaha! I was young, and looking back now, I think my Valentine at that time has always been my mother.

This year, Valentine's day is special to me. It feels as if there's a new realization, and everything from last year and before that, seem like a blurry dream to me. Anyways, with this new found positivity, here are 5 things I love about Valentine's day:


1. He gets to pamper me.


2. I get to pamper him.


3. To surprise a friend and make her day.


4. To receive from a friend too, an exchange for Friendship Love.

5. Self-Love: a time to show LOVE to yourself. Be compassionate, kind, gentle and generous to yourself by giving thanks to your existence.


No comments:

Post a Comment