Friday, February 7, 2014

How to Create a Cute Collage Painting with Clear Gesso

Friday, February 7, 2014

So far for some of my DIY/How-to posts, I've been putting effort in making videos so that you can relate to the step-by-steps better. And it has been fun, although I am still learning how to improve myself, therefore I hope that my readers would be more patient with me in my video-making. Not that I am trying to achieve the next Youtube Sensation title, it's just that I like to dabble in this little creative projects and nothing makes me happier than to be able to share it on my blog.

In this project, I will be showing you How to create a cute collage painting using Clear Gesso primer.

Here is another piece I have done previously with this technique. 
For those of you who is not familiar with clear gesso, basically it is a primer medium used to prime your canvases before painting on it; like a base or foundation. Unlike White or Black gesso, which gives a white or black base to paint on, clear gesso allows you to keep your original image (if you are painting over a picture) or gives a transparent result on your canvas.

I like to think that Clear Gesso isn't just for typical canvas painters, but for decoupage projects, or mixed media art. There's alot of use for clear gesso if you take the time to explore. As for now, I have chosen a collage project to show you how you can use clear gesso and turn it into a whimsy and quirky collage-painting.

Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Wow, very relaxing to watch your video. I like it. Want to try this at home...first i have to buy the material.
    Thanks for inspiration. Greets Daan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again Daan, how are you and your little angel? =) Thank you for following my blog again. And thank you for liking the video, I try my very best to provide the best to my readers. =) Yes do try, and if you do have a chance, do share with me your artwork, i would love to see how it turns out. For this entire project, the most important materials are Clear Gesso and acrylic paints. Thats about it. The rest you can always add on by yourself; the best part, this project allows you to explore! Have fun! =D

      Delete