Tuesday, February 25, 2014

How to Make an Easy Natural Detox & De-bloat Drink

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I am currently watching what I eat and trying to maintain a healthy balance diet. As I am going in to my late 20's, I realized that instead of just watching my body, it is time I eat healthily. I love Coke you see, what more if it is Coke Zero! And as I zoom into this new lifestyle practice, I have started eliminating sugar so that I no longer feel tired or anxious (yes sugar does that, it brings you high up and drops you down fast!). Recently, dreamcatcher-maker Vaishnavi introduced to me a healthy natural detox drink. You don't lose weight with it, but it is a good drink to help you detox and most important de-bloat. I think this is good especially for us girls who tend to get bloated before-after our menstrual cycle.

I was told that it is a super easy recipe. Indeed it is as she passed me this website to refer. So during the weekend, I have decided to try it on my own. I improvised it a little for my preference of course. Because it is so amazingly easy, I have decided to blog about it:

You need:
1/2 Orange
1/2 Lemon
1/2 Cucumber
5-10 pieces of Mint Leaves

Instructions:
1. Fill up shaker / pitcher to almost the fullest. Not too high though, give room for throwing in your goodies!

2. Slice 3-4 slices of oranges and throw it in. 

3. Slice 3-4 slices of lemon and throw it in.

4. Slice 3-4 slices of cucumber and throw it in too.

5. Pluck 5-10 pieces of mint leaves and throw it in. Mix it up. Make sure you wash the leaves thoroughly though. This is optional too, some may not like mint leaves.

6. Close it up tight and shake it to mix it up!

Done! Leave it in the fridge overnight or you can drink it immediately. =)

The next working day, I filled up my shaker with it, and brought it to work. Every time it finishes, I fill it up with water again. It was a good drink! I know for some of us, drinking lots of water especially 2 big bottles is quite overwhelming, but with this recipe, it makes it a little bit more zesty for your water regime. Plus it help flushes out toxins, and certainly helps with you going to the toilet. V also recommended to make sure not to drink with an empty stomach as it is quite acidic.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment