Monday, July 28, 2014

DIY Magikal Runes with Magik Bag

Monday, July 28, 2014

When I was making this video, I can't help but think that this blog post would actually be great for the month of October- Halloween. Nonetheless, it is all good, because I have been wanting to make myself a bag of magik runes for some time. I know this may seem weird for some people, but I was always fascinated with the research of Wicca, Spirituality, Mysticism, Metaphysics, Healing and other stuff like Crystals, Oracle Cards, etc. I personally think that there is nothing wrong with it, as long as you know where the line should be drawn. Besides the unconventional topic, I am also attracted to the magical and whimsical arts and crafts theme.

Thanks to No Designer Here, an awesome vendor for your plain totes and bags supply and needs, not only I did I get to create my own set of runes, but I get to design my own as well. No Designer Here offers plain canvas bags, from totes, to pencil cases, pouches, and more, all ready for you to recreate or personalize and turn them into beautiful works of art. Prices are incredibly affordable with thumbs up quality.

To make your own Magikal Bag of Runes, here are the few materials you would need:

 1. Fabric Paints - Colours your choice; but I usually like two tone colours therefore I have selected a shimmering colour and the other a plain red. I personally like to use the brand Pebeo for fabric painting.

2. Brushes for painting

3. Fabric Markers.

4. A board-  to slip it when painting so that it won't seep through.

5. Plain Pouch - You can purchase it from No Designer Here.

6. Permanent Markers - For this I selected Sharpie metallic and Uni Paint Marker

7. Pebbles - For Rune making, you need 12 pebbles. When selecting, make sure you get those that are not too big or not too small. Make sure they are round but with nice surface for drawing. Runes are usually round. However if you do not want your Runes to be pebbles, you can opt for wood chips or seashells, as long they are nature-based.

8. Sealer - I use a clear nail polish for this, but to be honest, this part is optional. You don't have to use a sealer to secure your drawing, it is really up to you.

DIY Magik Bag - Let's start with preparing the bag first.



While you have prepared the bag, you can leave it to dry and move along with preparing the pebbles. To make the 12-Runes, here is a template you can follow for your divination reference. I got this reference from a Wicca Book that I had since I was a teenager. Fell in love with this book ever since I saw it in a secondhand bookstore. 



Here's how to prepare your magikal runes:

 
**A quick note: Always remember to cleanse your pebbles with rock salt before you turn them into your runes. When cleansing, perhaps say a positive word of blessing or two. For instance; "Bless these (your materials; stones, seashells, etc) as I share my positive energy with mother nature, with light and love" something like that... it is really up to you. haha!
And you are done!
Now you can use it for your own divination practice; fun for sisterhood or friends gathering sessions. Use the reference that I have above to assist you in your reading. Have fun!
---
No Designer Here FB
No Designer Here Website
No Designer Here Insta

No comments:

Post a Comment