Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Meet Creative: Anita Ang of Willow Art Studios

Tuesday, August 26, 2014



Anita is a self-taught jewellery artist/crafter of Willow Art Studios. She currently runs her business from home and is residing in exotic Bali, Indonesia with her children and Malaysian husband.

Name: Anita Ang
Location: Bali, Indonesia
Links: Website | Facebook

---

1. What is your day-to-day like as a creative person? How do you juggle your tasks, projects and personal life?

I am a full time mother to 3 beautiful children. My children are my first priority, so I prepare them to start their day followed by my day. I juggle my task with time management. Sometimes, I work when the children are sleeping or I wake up early around 4 am to do my work. I always do my best in my tasks.

2. All creative people have their own toolbox. What's in yours and what are your favourite tools?

My favourite tools are simple, basic jewellery making tools such as: flat nose plier, curved chain nose plier, flush-cutter, round nose plier and scissors; glue, elastic, jewellery polishing cloth and an old tooth brush.




3. Complete this sentence: "When I am creating art, the thing that goes through my mind are..."

‘Out-of-the-box’ jewellery.

4. Name your top 3 favourite books for ideas:

Beads Japanese magazine -ビーズ Friend (Beads Friend)
Fashion Japanese magazine -  ヴィヴィVivi
Wallpaper* Magazine


5. Music mixes are awesome! What's your music playlist when you are creating & making art?

 I listened to Al Quran recitation, Yusuf Islam music, Maher Zain, Mufti Menk, Deep Forest, Enya, Loreena Mckennit, African Latin music, Sergio Mendez, The Beatles, Bob Marley, Pharrell Williams and Will.I.Am.

6. How do you organize your creative ideas and inspirations for reference?

I always carry my sketch book everywhere I go, just in case I have some brilliant idea pop up. I love pretty and beautiful pictures, so I have a wall in my workshop which I call it the ‘Image Board’ to put my source of inspirations. I also use Pinterest to collect my own image board online.

7. What is your favourite place to go to for inspirations?

Beads and Crafts Shop, visiting fellow crafters and jewellery workshops or exhibitions.

8. I want to know your crush! Who's your favourite artist/designer/crafter or creative person?

Indonesian jewellery designer Heaven Tanudirejda, Indonesia fashion designer Biyan; Swiss Surrealist Artist H.R. Giger, Frida Kahlo and Ralph Lauren, as well as Steve Jobs and Victoria Beckham. 




9. Look at your creative life now, WOW! If you can reverse time, what would you say to the 5-years-ago-you?

Persistence in your deed to Allah Swt; Believe in your Self, don’t be afraid to make mistakes, meet new friends, love life and be committed to your Self.

10. What is your Kung Fu style to fight creative blocks?

Eating ice cream, visual adventures (read books/ magazines with more beautiful and pretty picture) and watching positive and creative people on YouTube.

11. Give the readers some love! Do you have any tips, advice, words of wisdom?

I believe Allah Swt is beautiful and Allah Swt loves beauty. 

12. Everyone has a dream! What's your dream or goals 5 years from now?

My goals are:
  1. Have lots of good friends.
  2. Having an offline shop and a proper workshop.
  3. Collaborate with other creative people, like collaboration with famous fashion designer who’s using my jewellery design in fashion shows.
  4. Developing confidence to submit my designs into jewellery design competition.
  5. Travelling to hunt for more unique and authentic beads around the world.
  6. Sharing with community in by teaching jewellery making for charitable purpose.


1 comment:

  1. Dear Shia,
    Thank you for featured me on your Pillow Talk session and Awesome blog. I love how the final contenst and looks. Fresh and honest. Keep up the good work Dear.

    Warmest Regards,
    Anita Ang

    ReplyDelete