Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Year 2014- The Best Thing I Did for Me, in the Moment, to Be Tomorrow. Hello 2015.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

January 1stis tomorrow. Time has passed so quickly, and everything that happened in January this year still feels like just yesterday.

In a flash, I am another year older and going in to a new year already. I spend time chatting with my friends and colleagues, and as we all exchanged our stories, feelings or thoughts, some of us felt that we haven’t done enough this year. Going into a new year is like the flowing river… you see the stream pass you by just like that… and it’s almost like there’s no turning back… it’s just one way.

Everyone wants to feel a sense of accomplishment. Everyone wants to feel they have done something more each year, giving us a sense of self-satisfaction.

I've stressed on this a couple of times before that Life itself is the most mysterious gift of all. It is not difficult to understand or adapt once you embrace the essence of Life. When it comes to achievements in Life, I personally think it isn't just limited to how far or how high you can climb in your career…

Or how much money you have already made in your late 20’s. Sure, savings is important because we want to make sure that we have a safe, fulfilling retirement experience… but I think that what happens now, or as they say ‘Living in the Moment’, is just as important as your retirement fund…

For now, in this moment, can become tomorrow…

I see my Life go by like a buzzing fly. Too swift to even stop, observe and analyze. But I tell myself each day that right here and now, I can very much change and control what comes after, and I do my best to live each day the way I prefer to live- an experience that very much resonates with my soul.

As I write this, so many memories and past experiences are playing in my head. I let the mental video recorder play and replay because I know my experiences/journey this year is the reason why I am here today, still breathing, still existing, still laughing, still experiencing all kinds of joy, bitterness, sadness, anger, whatchamacallit-kind-of-moments with everyone that I know.

This year, I am thankful that I followed my heart. 90% of the time this year I have decided to listen to my heart, follow my intuition (or gut feeling) and stay on this path. When I was moving into my own studio apartment this year, I was a little nervous. It was an impulsive decision but I knew it in my heart that it was the right thing to do. I believed there was a reason to everything and anything that takes place in our lives, and so we did it. Dug out every penny we had, and rented a space that we longed to have.

It was scary, of course, but a good scared. I knew it then, that the blissful feeling that was in my heart and waking up every morning in my own space was the joyous feeling of achievement- that our relationship has been bummed up.

And when I went back into making art & jewelry, and selling them… I realized that this is a new journey for me, even though I was here before, also making and selling my work. I've learned that things happened for a reason, and it has found its way here. I am thankful for my talent, my blog, my art and my life.  

So, there I was, sitting in my own cozy living room, watching my inspiration shrine and just being in the moment… and I thought to myself about how I feel stepping into the new year: all I needed was to give thanks each year, that I am still here, being able to move towards the next year and after; and everything else will unfold eventually.


Have a blessed New Year, everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment