Thursday, January 15, 2015

Living the Crafting Spirit and Making Magickal Things

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Lately, I have been feeling happy and cheerful. Perhaps it is because the creative waves has finally come crashing through my doors, and it feels as if I am standing there, with my arms open wide saying:

"Comeee tooo Meeeeee!~"

I am telling the universe each day to fill me with lots and lots of creativity. I think this is really, really important because it helps me with my day-to-day and keeps me sane too. Not that I am insane, hell no. Weird? Yes. Quirky? Yes. Clinically or psychologically insane? I don't think so. I personally think that one of the greatest challenge as a Human Being living on Earth is that you find yourself often battling with your inner self. Most of the time it is because of external causes, or how we were raised. Creativity somehow puts us in our place and remind us where we belong in our hearts. It helps us to stay grounded, believe in ourselves and each time we create something, not only we are proud of ourselves, but we recognize that bliss that we have just created with our hands.

That bliss, that experience, that thought, is priceless. That little moment, that spark, cannot be seen with naked eyes. It is unseen, but it is real. It is like a speed of light, too quick to see. But you can feel it, that's for sure; and it is only You alone that can experience it.

I am inspired these days. Inspired by new friends that I've found connection with. Inspired by my own interest, and realized that all these years, my interest in so many things finally made sense and finally come in handy.

My inspiration came flowing in non-stop and I started making these;



----

And then, I turned them into these:


What amazes me is the magick that happened right after that; it was very quiet for awhile, when I posted my merchandise for sale. I told myself to start small, and that it is okay to start all over again and re-build myself once more.

This didn't happened much for me 10 years ago; it was different, and I realized that it was because I was very hard on myself. The world didn't gave me any expectations, I gave myself those expectations. =) And the more I was hard on myself, the more I was getting farther away from the results that I seek or expect to receive. I was in the creative business, but it wasn't as fruitful as it is now.

The wonder that happened after making these and posting up on my Facebook page was the most amazing bliss of all.

'I am finally living the crafting spirit,' I thought to myself.

It's a bliss. And I love this feeling... You might think that I am being a hippy-dippy, but I can tell you, it's not about that. It's that connection with your inner self when you create; that connection with your higher self when you are in that state of mind as you create with your hands.

I am in touch with my inner Self.

The clock may be ticking. It took me 10 years to start all over again. The day I finally step away from that expectation, take my time, let the world turn and let everything change; I find myself in a state of of inner-freedom.

What would I do without these hands?

Everyday I give thanks that I am born with these gift. Those movies you watch about people with magic powers, perhaps that's what it feels; to look at your hands and at yourself in the mirror, and to feel every single energy and blood flowing through your veins in your body... as you are aware of the gift of making things with hands and an eye for little things in life, that's the magic powers the movies are talking about.

How thankful I am to be part of this creative life.

---



No comments:

Post a Comment