Friday, August 22, 2014

Super Easy DIY Pencil Statement Necklace

Friday, August 22, 2014

In my previous post, I mentioned that I made an appearance as a guest artist at the BookFest 2014 for Staedtler Malaysia, to conduct a 45-minute DIY workshop making Pencil Necklaces. It was fun to see all kids and parents craft the necklace together.

When Staedtler Malaysia approached me with the opportunity, I was overjoyed to be able to conduct a craft workshop using their colour pencils. About a week before the event, I decided to do a tutorial on this super easy-peasy pencil necklace and told myself I will post it up after the event is over.

I know what you must be thinking, "would anyone wear a pencil necklace", I've been getting this question too, but as what I've shared with the parents at the workshop; it doesn't have to be a necklace. You can make it portable for your kids to carry around to keep them distracted especially at functions, etc. OR they can even save up those used, blunt and short pencils and turn into other accessories like hairbands, earrings, more necklaces, bracelets, etc. As for the adults, I think this is an awesome fashion statement necklace. Quick solution if you don't have necklace to wear for parties. Hey, be different, why not!

Now that you have an idea, here's how you can get started.

You will need:
- Staedtler Colour Pencils (Short ones)
- 10mm Screw Eye Bails
- Beads (Colourful ones would be good)
- Cord (Any colour of your choice, and length depends on you)

As I have mentioned that this video is super-easy, nonetheless, I have included a video tutorial here for you to follow. Guaranteed that it is not difficult at all.



If you have tried this craft project out, or have your own version, i'd love to check it out. Leave me your link! Have fun!


P/S: If you find the video is good quality, do excuse me for it, as I am still learning and I need better equipment. *grins*

No comments:

Post a Comment