Monday, January 20, 2014

A Visit to Photo Crafts, The Cafe (Food + Film)

Monday, January 20, 2014


When I discovered my new found passion in film photography, it led me to blog about my visit to Photo Crafts, Sunway Pyramid. I first came to know about Lomography back in college. I was always fascinated with photography, and knowing that there was such craft that made pictures look like an accidental-art amazed me. It was so artistic and authentic! When I knew that we had a local Lomo-community, I wanted to be part of this art. So coming back to my interest in analogue, this time it took me to Photo Crafts The Cafe, to spread the word about their artistic 'analogue lifestyle FOOD and FILM concept store'.

Concept: Creative




Photo Crafts The Cafe in Kota Damansara is a cozy concept F&B space/store cater to those who enjoy living their creative lifestyle (like me, for instance). Even though it is an analogue concept store, you don't have to be a photographer to go there, because it is not only a place for photographers to gather and hang out. The concept is a place perfect for families and friends who enjoy getting together chatting over a cup of coffee or individuals who want to spend quality time alone. 

I am here to recommend you a restaurant/cafe with an artsy-theme, especially if you want something creative to inspire you as you eat, then Photo Crafts The Cafe is really a place to be. 

Atmosphere/Interior: Earthly & Artistic




When I walked in the space, it's dimmed lights wasn't even gloomy but instantly gave me a relaxing feeling that made me excited to begin my experience. The room was filled with jazz, bluesy/folk music that gave a bliss for young couples like me and my love to enjoy our afternoon.

If you enjoy absorbing the ambiance of your surroundings like me, then I think you will enjoy Photo Crafts The Cafe's interior. Have you heard of the term "Simplicity makes Complex"? That is that for Photo Crafts The Cafe; it is wholesome with earthly-theme decorations and colours including its furniture. I can tell you this for sure that I couldn't take my eyes off the cameras on the shelves neither can I stop smiling and gleefully eating while I bask in the warm ambiance. Wall decorations are filled with inspiring photographs, posters, film canisters, more vintage decos and books for your reading pleasure as you wait for your food.

Menu & Food: Deliciously Healthy & Wholesome

Photo Crafts Cafe isn't one of those cafes which focuses only on its interior and not on the food. When it comes to food, I always say this to others, "There's a difference between enjoying food and enjoy eating; I enjoy food because I appreciate how it tastes and how it is prepared". Since my love and I share similar interest, he came along to become my food/environment critic. 

I know you must be thinking, "It sounds too good to be true", but you see my friend, it really is "Good to be True". I actually enjoyed my experience there with the ambiance-food combination and I know you would feel the same!


I found out later on on my own that Photo Crafts The Cafe's coffee range is one of their highlights. Thanks to founder Adam's barista experience, coffee is an ideal selection on the menu if you are there not just for the food.

Hats off to the chef! Justin and I ordered their popular choices on the menu. We ordered the 120 Burger, the Roast Chicken and the creamy-unforgettable-Mushroom Soup!
120 Burger

The 120 Burger is the one with a creative ring on it. Like the 120mm film, the 120 burger is slight larger compared to the 135 Burger (like the 35mm film). It is an 'open face' burger, which means it doesn't have a 'top bun' but it comes with a nicely cooked egg banjo on top, with sliced mushrooms, tomatoes and pineapple, and my favourite part- the homemade beef patty! Each bite I took was a mouth-watering moment!
Roast chicken


The roast chicken is a delight! It is not oily, well-roasted with a hint of herb. On the side served potato salad that goes well with a little Tabasco sauce, some salad and watercress. 
Creamy mushroom soup


Did I mentioned creamy? Even though it was piping hot, I was eager to put the next spoonful in my mouth! It has mushroom bits in it and after finishing the entire bowl of soup, I didn't even feel unpleasantly satiated. It was lip smacking! The bowl of mushroom soup comes with thinly cut garlic bread. 

It is so good that Justin and I are tempted to go back just for the soup!

We both agreed that the Potato Salad was wonderful! It is delicious without making you feel as if you over ate. This restaurant-styled potato salad was properly prepared and was not overwhelmed with mayonnaise or vinegar. It is good to even eat it on its own. The potato salad was served alongside the chicken and the burger.

Food price range: Between RM12++ - RM16++

Lifestyle Store: Gallery-like


Photo Crafts Cafe has 2 floors; the first is a cafe, and the second is an analogue lifestyle store just like the one in Sunway Pyramid. Items for sale are: Lomograph & Instax cameras and films, vintage (durable) camera bags ranged from RM400-600 and even vintage (workable) Twin Lens Reflex (TLR) Cameras priced from RM500-1K and above. The Kota Damansara outlet also provides photo-processing service and occasional workshops/sharing too. Upstairs is a gallery-like shop that makes every young analogue enthusiasts' heart skip a beat!


Over all, I think they did an impressive job with providing a comfortable yet inspiring lifestyle cafe experience for their customers.
Met Eva from Photo Crafts too






Rating:
Food: 9/10
Atmosphere: 9/10
Interior/Decoration: 9/10
Customers Service/Efficiency: 9/10 
(I really like how humble and polite the Photo Crafts team are)

Address:
26-2 & 3, PJU 5/15,
Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara,
47810, Petaling Jaya,
Selangor, M'sia

Telephone: 03-6140 5527

Opening Hours:
Tuesdays to Thursdays: 12.30pm - 10.30pm
Fridays and Saturdays: 12.30pm - 11pm
Sundays: 12.30pm - 10pm
Mondays: Close

Website:





*All photos are photographed with permission by Photo Crafts
*All images are edited to meet blog post requirements

No comments:

Post a Comment