Sunday, June 29, 2014

DIY Watercolour Kit (travel size)

Sunday, June 29, 2014

I like journalling very much. Some days I do, some days I don't. I started journaling about  a year and a half ago...

Actually, if I want to really track back in time, I started journaling when I was a kid; writing diaries, scrapbooking things I like, etc. I didn't know I was already journaling at that time, making notes of how I feel, what I saw, what I love the most. Journaling has some powerful inspiring stuff. As corny or simple it sounds, journaling actually helps with getting your mind off things. One may not notice but, when you are in the midst of creating something creative with your hands and body (sewing, painting, writing, making, singing, dancing, etc.), you are releasing positive personal power, expressing your passion out into the world and absorbing back the love you have for your Self.

So, when I journal, I like to have a couple of materials with me. And what I love the most is having a water brush that I can carry along without worrying about washing the brush and having water around. I bring it with me along with other art markers when I am travelling, or have it at my bedside so that I can doodle before going to bed. Now, I realized that there's no way I can carry a box of watercolour tubes, palette and cup of water. That's when I decided to make my own 'travel size' watercolour palette.

Join me in making one.

Materials:
- tubes (You can make your purchase at )
- Multipurpose container (Find nice small ones that can even fit into a pouch. Plan your colours and placement though)
- Fabric (Cut a small piece of fabric from an old washcloth)
- PVA Glue
- A stick for setting in the glue and paint

*Tip: For the PVA glue, you can try using Elmer's School Glue. Click on the image.


Here's how:


It has been so much fun ever since I made this for myself. Easy to journal right now. And when you travel or go on a road trip, you can pack it in a small pouch along with your journal.


Have fun! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shia Lynn,

    I was wondering which Daiso in Klang valley did you get the watercolour tubes from. Been looking high and low for it hehe~

    ReplyDelete