Thursday, September 19, 2013

DIY Travelling Jewellery Box

Thursday, September 19, 2013
A couple of weeks back, I was doing another round of spring cleaning and I came across one of my unused spectacle case. I have a couple actually, and I wasn't sure what to do with it because I either wear contact lenses or wear my glasses on a regular basis. These spectacle cases that I have are still in good condition, and can come in handy if you can think of how to upcycle it. With that, I decided to turn it into a travelling jewellery box that is easy to bring along with you when you are on the go. It is small, fits easily in your luggage and can carry your selected accessories such as necklaces, earrings, brooches, etc.

See below on how I upcycled it into an attractive jewellery box, with very easy steps. If you would like to try it out on your own, you can revamp the steps too.
Top: Prepare your spectacle case. Your casing doesn't have to be the same as mine, you can improvise.
Left: Prepare your materials; important ones are cotton, felt, acrylic paint, nail polish, masking tape and varnish
Right: Ready your felt by cutting it according to the size and shape of the inside of your spectacle case

Top: Tape the masking tape to pre-plan your design
Left: Glue your cotton at the bottom of the box, then glue the felt on top it
Right: Glue your felt on the inside-lid of the box


Left: You can design your box with an Aztec-inspired style or you can improvise.
Once done, varnish it with 2-3 coats for long lasting effect
Right: Now your box is ready for your accessories.






Want to know how I did it? Watch my video:

Do you have any ideas on how to upcycle a spectacle case? If so, I'd love to know about them. Share it here!
Tacpicks- Want this? Buy Here


----

Wild Spikey Metallic Necklace: The Wild Things
Ring: T.A.C Shop
Feather Earrings: Twinkle, Sparkle & Tinsel Me Now

No comments:

Post a Comment