Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Super-easy Homemade Guacamole Spread & Dip Recipe

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Weeks ago, I announced on Instagram that I was going to start working on a new project with my love for the blog; I admire my love, his dad and his younger brother for having such an interest in cooking. They always team up together in the kitchen to cook. Me? I just help out with the dishes. haha! They would even find creative ways to improvise recipes or come up with their own. I am not much of a cook myself, I just love eating and most of all, I enjoy my love's cooking. He makes the BEST Pasta!

So, as I was working on the recipe with my love, his brother wanted to make a guacamole spread and I thought it would be cool if recorded it and share it on the blog too. It is quick and easy and most of all, a healthy homemade spread and dip. Any leftovers can be kept in a fridge using an air-tight tupperware.

So here it is. You need:

1 Avocado (If you want to make a large batch, then use more)
1-2 Lime
Salt
Black Pepper
Light Mayonnaise

Don't forget the essential tools like bowl, fork to mash up or if you have alternative it would be good too; knife, cutting board and spoon.

Tip: When choosing a avocado, make sure you get one that is soft and ripe. Otherwise, you will have a hard time scooping it out.

Easy steps:

1. Cut the avocado in half and scoop it out
2. Add a little salt and pepper along the way; don't over do it though
3. Cut the little lime in half and squeeze the juice into the extracted avocado
4. Mash it up until it is soft and smooth. You can have it slightly lumpy if you want to.
5. Continue mashing and mixing it all up.
6. Finally, add in 2-3 dollops of light mayonnaise into the mashed avocado, and continue mixing it up until you notice it has turned a lighter shade of green.
7. You are good to go! Great for spread and dip!

Watch video on how to prepare it:

A healthy serving for you and your guests!
Do you have your own recipe for guacamole spread/dip? Share yours! I would love to hear from you! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment