Sunday, April 13, 2014

Drawing on Black - Art on Mounting Board

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Besides the love of my life, and my mother, for those who know me well, would know that I love the colour black. I love black clothes, and I kid you not, I really have a pile of black clothes on top one another on a chair, and whenever I'm in a rush trying to look for something to wear, you can't find anything at all underneath the pile of everything "black" cos everything is the same.

So I recently discovered that I didn't only like wearing the colour 'black', but I also enjoy drawing on the colour black!

I have been exploring with drawing on black mounting boards. I realized that drawing on black is actually interesting because the colour black brings out the other types of pen and markers that I use specifically for dark backgrounds. Metallic and fluorescent colours can be tricky to use because of the overwhelming tone. But using it on a black background has changed that for me, in fact, it has taught me how to utilize the bright and zany colours while increasing my interest in doodling even more.


No comments:

Post a Comment